Sunday, December 18, 2016

Crochet Hooks

Do you crochet? What is your favourite brand/style of hook to use?

I have a variety of hooks that I've used over the years.






From left to right ... Boye plastic, Boye aluminum, Addi Comfort Grip, Clover Soft Touch, Knitters Pride Aluminum.

You've probably used the Boye hooks as these seem to be the most readily available in most big box craft stores. I don't really like them for large projects or extended use. They just aren't that comfortable.

The Addi Comfort Grip hook is not one of my favourites either. The grooves on the hard plastic handle tend to rub on my hand and I don't seem to be able to get into a rhythm with it. Not sure what it is about the hook, but it seems to get caught on every couple of stitches.

That leaves the last 2 ... Clover Soft Touch and Knitters Pride Aluminum. I love both of these hooks. 

The handle on the Clover Soft Touch is hard plastic with a soft thumb grip. The shape of the handle is comfortable. The handle on the Knitters Pride is also plastic but has a "soft" feel to it. The shaft is aluminum so the stitches slide easily.   

One more bonus of both the Clover and Knitters Pride hooks is that the size (both US and metric) are printed right on the handle in large font. Easy to find which size hook I need.

Happy Crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment