Sunday, November 16, 2014

Crochet Top

The 2014 Gift-A-Long on Ravelry is well under way with lots and lots and lots of chatting happening in the forums. There are even some finished projects posted only 3 days in .... speedy knitters/crocheters! 

Patterns from all the participating designers will remain 25% off until the end of the day, November 21st.

My local yarn store, Tolt Yarn and Wool had an anniversary sale yesterday and I had to go. Picked up some gorgeous yarn from Bumblebirch Yarns out of Portland, OR.  

Bumblebirch Heartwood in colour Blackberry


I'm taking a break from designing and have decided to crochet this really pretty top ...  Flowers and Tiles Top by Elena Fedotova. Elena is one of the participating designers and some of her designs are 25% off

Flowers and Tiles Top by Elena Fedotova

The top is created by crocheting flower squares and joining them together. The bottom and neck finishing is knit in ribbing and I really like this idea. I've thought about combining these two medias (crochet/knit) in my own designing. Making the neckline a bit shallower is also something I'm considering.

© melliemahonen


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment