Thursday, June 30, 2016

Setting Goals

Do you set any goals at the beginning of the year for your knit and/or crochet hobby? Maybe how many cardigans you plan to make or baby blankets? How many dollars you will spend on yarn and patterns (I probably should do this)?


For me, I try to set some business goals at the beginning of the year and also review the previous year to see what worked and what didn't. There were some trends .... like the fact that I like to knit, crochet, and write patterns but not write blog and facebook posts! You can probably tell that from the fact that there is only one post here every 2 or 3 months LOL!

If you have a crafty business/hobby you may be familiar with Tara Swiger and her blog and podcasts on setting goals and running an effective craft business. She has some awesome resources! In particular, today's email really hit home. Be Consistent! Which I have consistently failed at (does that count as consistent)!

So I am once again setting a goal to be more consistent with posting here! Will you hold me to it? At least once a month.

One of my other goals this year has been to submit designs to magazines both in paper and online. This is one of the reasons you haven't seen many pretty pictures of new designs. I do have quite the stack of swatches though, and I will have some new patterns in print coming in a few months. 



Keep an eye out here for two crochet patterns soon to be released in the I Like Crochet October Issue. 

A SNEAK PEEK ....



Happy Knitting and Crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment