Saturday, July 16, 2016

Vacation

With July half over and August not too far away, vacation time in the northern hemisphere is well underway for most of us. Maybe this sums it up for you ....
Do you take a knitting or crochet project with you on vacation? Do you get much time to work on it?

I usually have lofty ideas of sitting on the beach for hours on end working on my knitting and bring a huge bagful of yarn/needles just in case. Of course when it comes right down to it, I don't get much time at all. I come home with only a fraction of what I had intended to complete.

Where is your favourite place to vacation?




I love the beach ... any beach ... though here in the pacific northwest even the beach in summer is not warm. We recently went to Seaside, Oregon for the first time. It is a beautiful little community with a 3 mile boardwalk along the beach. Perfect for strolling and looking at all the beautiful gardens (maybe dreaming of living here).

Cannon Beach, Oregon is only 20 minutes away and there is a little yarn shop called Coastal Yarns. Lots of gorgeous yarn and some locally dyed skeins as well. Of course I picked up a skein of sock yarn (S)



And crepes (gluten/dairy free options) ....


A wonderful vacation for us ... but now back to reality!

Hope you all have a great summer and some good knitting/crocheting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment