Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Edgewick Jacket

Edgewick Jacket

It amazes me how one knitting design can be changed drastically just by changing the colour of yarn used. Case in point is my latest design, Edgewick Jacket. I first knit this jacket using monochrome coloring: natural, grey, and black. I really liked how the slip stitch border stood out using these colours and the fold-back cuffs.


Edgewick Jacket

I then wrote the pattern and reknit the jacket following the pattern, but this time using green, teal, and natural. What a difference the colour makes. I thought for sure that the monochrome jacket would get the most comments but it turns out the green/teal jacket is liked more.
This pattern is currently being test knit and I plan to release it near the beginning of November. If you would like to be a part of the test knitting, join us over in The Testing Pool group on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment